Tuesday, February 08, 2011

-valis Pick of the Week



Back to it! This week's Pick is those wildly psychedelic Strange Ones known as The Lumerians, from San Francisco. (Now it all makes sense, eh?)

We chose a track from their 7", released last year on Rococo Records, "Chevaux Fous," as our Pick, solely due to the fact we couldn't get the video they did out of our head! See for yourself and behold the insanity:

Chevaux Fous from m m on Vimeo.



The Lumerians unleash a new album on us three weeks from today, March 1st, on Knitting Factory Records, titled Transmalinnia!


You can listen to the archived stream here; or, hear it this Friday,on The Dead Man's Turn Me On, Dead Man show on Live365, where it's heard every Friday at noon eastern time, as well as Mr. Atavist's Sunrise Ocean Bender show, heard every Friday from 3 to 6am eastern, on WRIR in Richmond, VA.

4 comments:

sr-71 said...

me lumerians!

Terri said...

This band has one of the coolest sounds out there. I have been a fan since their EP a few years back, and the Burning Mirrors 7" is out of this world. Needless to say I am totally psyched about Transmalinnia being only a few weeks away!

Cliff. said...

Looked in to see who else had left a comment, only to see I hadn't yet done so myself, coulda sworn I had done? Yet another great band you've introduced me to, merci beaucoup mon ami.

sr-71 said...

oops - that was supposed to read me heart lumerians!