Tuesday, May 07, 2013

-valis Pick of the Week


Hail Voyagers! What a Pick this week! From the Sydney, Australia, area -or thereabouts, comes the sonic assault of Lomez, Moustache, March and Cockswell, collectively known as Black Springs!

They've just unleashed their debut, Sunrise, on offer via their Bandcamp page. I highly recommend your obtaining a copy. Quick! So as to enjoy this seven song wonder. I read one review giving it a "6 out of 10." While I honor her right to an opinion, I have to also honor my own and state she may be the reason the website's called "Tone Deaf." My opinion. Ms. Francis seems to have missed the boat or the point. Perhaps both. There's not a duff track in the bunch, even when it seems they're overly aping heroes and inspirations. Proof? Try this:

I NEED MORE VOLUME!!!

also, a track not on this debut:


Celebrate the Australian Psychedelic Scene! I am!

***
You can listen to the archived stream here; or, hear it this Friday, on The Dead Man's Turn Me On, Dead Man show on Live365, where it's heard every Friday at noon eastern time, as well as Mr. Atavist's Sunrise Ocean Bender show, heard every Monday from 1 to 3 am eastern, on WRIR in Richmond, VA.

No comments: