Friday, April 01, 2011

10 Questions



Happy Friday & Hail Hallucinauts! Back for yet another entry in the unsettling feature we know and love as "10 Questions." The mysteries continue apace with our investigations. We seek "the runcible spoon."

Today's guest hails from that psychedelic hotbed Bognor Regis, in the U.K. It's "Trike" Pashanoy!



His band, The Uncanny Insolvent, were a force in their heyday. We're honored to have him. (Took a long time to locate him!)



Shall we?

1. In ten words-or less, define "psychedelic music."
Fuel for the inward journey I guess.

2. What is the most psychedelic instrument, why?
Probably my pipe. All else seems to flow from that. My creativity, my music-listening time, all of it really. Yeah, I'll stick with that.

3. Favorite psychedelic album of all time?
Gotta' be From The House Of Lords, on Bam-Caruso. So many great bands on that one.


4. What song or album that wouldn't fall into the classic "psych" definition is, nevertheless, psychedelic to you?
Right good question that. Unsure I've an answer either. When I'm in my pipe they all seem psychedelic. Maybe Lord Buckley or a Cook and Moore cock-up.

5. What was the first song or album you remember listening to in an 'altered' state? (*"altered" does not imply illegal.)
I don't remember anymore.

6. Who are some of your favorite bands working within the "psychedelic" genre right now?
Are there any?!

7. Name your 5 'Desert Island Albums':
While I'm picking I am also holding out hopes for something to play these on while stuck there. How about:

The Beatles Mono Box (bit of a cheat there)
The Stones Satanic Majesties
McCully Workshop Inc. - Self-titled
Painted Faces - Anxious Color
Tyrnaround - Colour Your Mind

8. Was there a song or album which made the decision to play this type of music a creative goal of yours?
Yeah, all of 'em! Especially lots of phasing and efx.

9. Top Ten Psychedelic Songs?

1 Workshop of My Mind - The Glass Keys
2 Slow Patience - The Attractions
3 The House of Lords - The Doctor
4 Carroll By Candlelight - The Tyrnaround
5 Minas Tirith - The Chemistry Set
6 Anxious Color - Painted Faces
7 Ex-Art Student - McGough & McGear
8 See Emily Play - Pink Floyd
9 Circles - Les Fleur De Lys
10 Hey Bulldog - The Beatles


10. Turn the tables, if you'd like, and ask me a question:
Trike: Any thought on these new vapor pipes?
-valis: None, whatsoever.

No comments: