Monday, September 15, 2008

The Wayback Machine



Countdown's started, engines on...

Once again we've an intrepid explorer hailing from the desert Southwest of the U.S.
Today's guest is kicking up a psychedelic storm in southern Arizona, where they've just released their debut, titled BURNING CIRCLES IN THE SKY:
"The debut record from desert mystics the Myrrors explores everything from tribal acid rock thunder to peyote fueled drones & whispers in more than a half hour of sonic vibrato. All copies are hand screen-printed & bound. First run is hand numbered out of only 50 copies!" (Inquire here!)

Time-trippers,it's Nik Rayne of The Myrrors!



You've been given a one-time opportunity to use The Wayback Machine; what band would you like to see, in what year, and what song would you most want to see them play?

Nik: Well, let's see, my answer to this would probably shift from day to day & moon to moon, but for now I may have to go with German krautrock collective Amon Düül II, around the period of 1971-72 when they were, in my opinion, really hittin' their creative peak. Seeing those cats burn the fuck out of 'Eye Shaking King' sounds pretty mindblowing if you ask me. If you've never seen or heard any early live Amon Düül II then you need to go dig that sonic bliss right fucking now. You know, it really is ridiculous when people label that band 'prog rock', they were always so much more tribal & fevered than any other group under that banner, it doesn't even compare, & coming from that radical artistic & political background...

All right Nik, let's GO!



Well, that beats Tuba City on a Saturday night! Thanks Nik, and best wishes to The Myrrors! Storm-bringers...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've a mate Dave, who swears handsdown that Amon Dull II circa '72 were the best band he ever saw. So undoubtedly Dave would travel back with Nik. For my part I just checked out The Myrrors and loved what I heard, time to spread the gospel French side methinks.

Anonymous said...

I can't say I've listened to Amon Düül II before .... but I like what I hear here. Thanks Valis. Just looking for some Myrrors now. How exciting.