Monday, March 24, 2008

The Wayback Machine


Rays & Hail Readers! Wondering where our intrepid voyager is heading? Wait no longer, time is now. Our time tripper is Michael Bennet of the Dupont Circles! The pride-and perplexity, of Bethesda, Maryland.
(The band eschew photographs, preferring instead to let the music be the lasting image.) So, roll it out, Peabody & Sherman.

The premise: You've been given a one-time opportunity to use The Wayback Machine; what band would you like to see, in what year, and what song would you most want to see them play?

Michael: What a great question! It was extreeemely difficult to narrow it down to only one gig, but speaking just for me and not necessarily the group, I'd have to go with the Who live at the Marquee in 1965.( Sadly, that means I'll never get to see Pink Floyd at the UFO in 1967; the Beatles at the Cavern in 1962; the Sex Pistols at the 100 Club in 1977; Elvis in 1956; the Creation in 1967; the Prisoners at the Hope & Anchor in 1983 (wait a second, I did see that one); but it would be unfair to hog the wonderful Wayback Machine.) As for song, I wouldn't be devastated if they didn't play it, but I'd be well chuffed to hear I Can't Explain.




Thanks Michael !

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hmmm, how 'bout their High Numbers classic "I'm the Face"?

Anonymous said...

Personally, I'd like to track down the harmonica-playing dancer in the striped jersey (in the "Can't Explain" vid) just to say "DUDE!!!".

Where did all of those swingin' cats and kittens go, bro?

Jim K.